In most cities and even rural areas, workers board the bus on a daily basis to go to their respective workplaces as well as tend to life. How can passenger safety be made a priority?. By ensuring that the bus features have all safety measures and are road worthy.
Bus operators primarily hold the responsibility of ensuring the safety of passengers.
Here is what they can do to fulfil their role:
- Stick to the speed limit; road safety laws are there to protect you and your passengers.
- Wear a seat belt to prevent sustaining injuries during a crash.
- Do not drink and drive, as drinking impairs your judgement, cause blurred vision, loss of consciousness, and slows your reaction time.
- Avoid Distractions
However, commuters need to ensure their own safety and be responsible at all times.
Here is how commuters can play a part in keeping safe in buses:
- Hold on to the railings and steady yourself to prevent falls when standing or walking through the bus.
- Allow the elderly and people with disabilities to use the priority seating in the front of the bus.
- Do not talk to the bus operator while he or she is driving.
- Always stand behind the line that is located on the floor opposite the driver.
- Use the seat belt if one is fitted.
- Avoid opening or tampering with emergency windows, except during an emergency.
- Avoid tampering with or operating equipment intended for the bus driver’s exclusive use.
In cases of emergencies:
- Follow guidance from the driver from the bus service.
- Try to locate the emergency exits nearest to you.
- Evacuate the bus ONLY when told by the driver.
- Stay calm and listen to the bus driver. This helps you follow instructions carefully.
Buscor commits to giving commuters hurdle-free rides. Its immaculate designs are not just the best feature. Instead, its safety features that cater for everyone including wheelchair-bound commuters shows just how committed the bus service company lives up to its objectives.